Things you will find in Tijuana
- AVOID VISTING TIJUANA DUE TO CURRENT LEVEL OF VIOLENCE
- IF YOU DO DECIDE TO VISIT, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
- Low-priced alcohol and food
- Inexpensive shopping
- Unruly nightlife
- Extensive red-light district
- Drive car down to the border, exit at the last US exit
- Park your car at numerous parking lots ($6-10/day)
- 2nd option - take San Diego trolley blue line to San Ysidro stop
- Cross on foot into Mexico, and catch taxi($5)
- Stick to heavily guarded main tourist areas around Ave Revolucion, watch your valuables, visit during the day.
- Avoid driving into Mexico unless you are experienced visitor
- Check border wait times at Customs and Border Protection site
- Get passport card to cut down on wait time at the border when returning
- Even better - join Trusted Traveler Program